Terms & Conditions
BOOKING CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of Booking
GLL defines a Learner as anyone who makes a booking to attend a training course or to complete an on-line learning programme offered by the GLL College.
By enrolling on your chosen GLL College course or programme, you, the Learner, will be entering into a binding booking contract with GLL. The terms and conditions of this contract are set out below. Please read them carefully and ensure you understand their meaning before proceeding with your booking.
The Learner affirms and warrants that he/she:
• Will follow and comply with the GLL College’s code of conduct for Learners as provided at www.gllcollege.co.uk.
• Will make cleared payment for all course fees prior to the start of the course.
• Meets the pre-requisites relevant to the course applied for as stated on the GLL College website;
• Is liable for any additional fees that may be payable for missed assessments, additional assessments or other costs incurred by the GLL College as a result of their failure to meet the course deadlines. The costs of assessments vary. Details can be found in the course information or by contacting the GLL College.
The GLL College:
• Reserves the right to move, reschedule, or withdraw courses, usually due to a unforeseen circumstances including a course being undersubscribed. GLL College therefore does not guarantee the availability of all courses advertised in on this website.
• Reserves the right to remove from any course Learners who fail to comply with its Learners’ Charter.
• Reserves the right to refuse bookings, or to suggest alternative arrangements, if we believe it would not be in the best interests of the College, other participants, or the individual concerned, for them to attend the course.
• Will notify the Learner if it proposes to amend these terms and conditions.
• Will process Learners’ personal data in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. Details of the information we collect and process, the reasons we process it, how it is stored and accessed, and your rights as a data subject are set out in the GLL College’s Privacy Notice, which is available on the GLL College website http://www.gllcollege/privacy.
Payments and Cancellations:
Enrolment onto a course is confirmed when the course fees have been paid and funds cleared. The Learner will be bound by this Booking Contract and will be fully liable for all associated fees and costs when they have completed the booking process and have submitted their payment details. GLL will not be bound by the Booking Contract until payments have been cleared.
As provided for in the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013, the Learner shall have 14 days after making an online or telephone booking to cancel the course or learning programme and receive a full refund. If the Learner commences studying during that period he/she will be entitled to only a partial refund. These Regulations do not apply to cancellations made where the course has been paid for by the Learner’s employer
Other than as set out in the clause above, all course fees and costs are non refundable unless and until GLL College has withdrawn or rescheduled a course on which the Learner is enrolled. The Learner will be notified in writing of such an event. Where possible, GLL will offer the Learner the options of enrolling on the same course on a rescheduled date and/or at a different location, or to transferring to a different course. If neither of these options is convenient to the Learner, GLL will provide a full refund. In the event the Learner wishes to transfer to a different course and there is a fee difference between the two courses, an additional payment will be required or a partial refund will be provided.
GLL College shall not be liable for performance delays or for non-performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control
A person who is not a party to this Booking Contract has no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or to enjoy the benefit of any term of this Contract.
Please refer to the GLL College’s Privacy notice on information regarding your data
Code of Conduct
The College has a Learners’ Charter, which outlines the College’s commitments to learners. This is attached as Appendix A.
Appendix A The GLL College Learners’ Charter
On accepting a place on the course and in becoming a Learner with GLL College, I will:
• Recognise that all Staff and Learners have the right to be treated with equal respect and are expected to treat others equally.
• Comply fully with all health and safety rules and guidance provided to me.
• Attend punctually all time-tabled sessions, work placements (if appropriate) and compulsory course related events.
• Behave in an appropriate and responsible manner.
• Complete and submit work in line with College and externally set deadlines.
• Not use a mobile phone while in lessons and and practical sessions
• Not bring food or drink, except bottled water, into classrooms and learning areas. (Water is not permitted in computer rooms).
• Only use music players outside learning areas (classrooms etc.) with headphones.
• Inform my tutor and the College administrator if I change my address or other contact details.
• Not smoke anywhere on GLL premises. (Please note the Health Act 2006 makes it unlawful for anyone to smoke in an enclosed premises. The College has no designated smoking areas and you are required to leave the premises entirely before smoking.)
In return the College will:
• Provide specialist staff to support and advise you.
• Run quality courses staffed by professional tutors and lecturers who will help you to fulfil your potential as a Learner.
• Provide the learning resources and facilities you need to complete your course successfully. Ensure you receive fair and reliable assessments of your work.
• Provide the opportunity for you to give us feedback and deal promptly with any complaints you may have by emailing email@example.com.