You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA (please log onto https://www.sta.co.uk for more information)
- Hold the Safety Award for Teachers qualification or acceptable equivalent
- Hold the Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults online learning certificate or acceptable equivalent
This qualification is for learners who wish to work with babies, pre-schoolers and their accompanying adults, and help them to develop, both as swimmers and individuals in the aquatic environment. There is no experience of working with children or teaching swimming lessons required. This qualification could appeal to parents looking for a career that fits in around their child care commitments, those interested in pursuing a career in the leisure industry.Those already employed within a leisure environment who are looking to progress their career or those who are already working as a swimming teacher who wish to offer lessons to babies and pre-schoolers alongside their current beginner classes.
Course Content & Structure
- Planning, Preparing and Teaching Swimming
- Baby and Pre-School Swimming
• Complete a portfolio of lesson plans, schemes of work and worksheetquestions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
• Undertake at least 30 minutes of poolside teaching during the course
• Teach a 15 minute, externally assessed lessons to between 2 and 4adult-child pairs
• Complete a 30 question multiple-choice paper with a unit pass mark of11/15 per unit.
GLL Better is committed to operating in a way that complies fully with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GLL processes your personal information to meet our contractual obligations and legitimate interests, and for the purposes of the delivery and administration of training and development courses to students.
The definition of student refers to all participants who have booked onto a GLL Course, including external customers and GLL employees.
Students can access full information at http://www.gllcollege.co.uk/privacy