Terms & Conditions
BOOKING CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
By enrolling on your chosen GLL College course, you, the Student, will be entering into a legally binding Booking Contract with GLL. The terms and conditions of this contract are set out below. Please read them carefully and ensure you understand their meaning before proceeding with the Booking.
The Student affirms and warrants that he/she:
1. Shall follow and comply with the GLL College’s code of conduct for students as provided at www.gllcollege.co.uk GLL College reserve the right to remove from any course, students that fail to comply with GLL’s code of conduct. We also reserve the right to refuse enrolments, or suggest alternative arrangements, if we believe it will not be in the best interest of the company, other participants or the individual concerned to attend a GLL College course.
2. Shall make cleared payment for all course fees prior to the start of the course
Meets the pre-requisites relevant to the course applied for as stated on the GLL College website;
3. Understands that for some courses there are limited timescales for completing either course work or assessments and if these timescales are missed, the Student will be required to pay for a new or re-assessment. This cost will range from £50 – £150 per exam or assessment dependant on the courses undertaken, details of the re-assessment and other additional costs when applicable can be found in the course information or can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
4. Additional fees may be payable for missed assessments, additional assessments or other additional time required due to the Student’s failure to meet the course deadlines.
GLL College shall:
5. Aim to provide the widest possible range of courses. GLL reserves the right to move, reschedule, or withdraw courses, usually due to a unforeseen circumstances including a course being undersubscribed. GLL College therefore does not guarantee the availability of all courses advertised in on this website.
6. Notify the Student by email if GLL College proposes to amend these terms and conditions .
Payments and Cancellations:
7. Enrolment onto the course is only confirmed once the course fees have been paid and funds cleared; the Student will be bound by the Booking Contract and fully liable for all associated fees and costs as soon as the booking process is completed by sending payment details. GLL shall not be bound by the Booking Contract until such payments have been cleared.
8. As provided for in The Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 the Student shall have 14 days after making an online or telephone booking to cancel the course and receive a full refund. If the Student commences studying or attends college during that period. then he/she will be entitled to only a partial refund These Regulations do not apply to cancellations made where the course has been paid for by the Student’s employer
9. Other than as set out above in Cl 8, all course fees and costs are non refundable unless and until GLL College has withdrawn or rescheduled a course on which the Student is enrolled. The Student will be notified in writing of such an event. Where possible, GLL shall offer the Student the options of either enrolling onto the same course on a rescheduled date or at a different location, or to transfer onto a different course. If none of these options is convenient to the Student GLL will provide a full refund. In the event the Student wishes to transfer onto a different course, if there is a fee difference between the two courses, further payment will be required or a partial refund will be provided.
10. This Booking Contract and these Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
11. GLL College shall not be liable for performance delays nor for non-performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control
12. A person who is not a party to this Booking Contract has no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or to enjoy the benefit of any term of this Contract.
Data Protection Statement regarding the Personal and/or Sensitive Data you are providing
GLL is the data controller for your personal data. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your data may be processed by and on behalf of GLL and/or shared with any GLL business department, GLL’s subsidiaries, and GLL’s partner organisations (generally third parties who own the facilities we manage) for the purposes of the administration of your membership or use of our facilities.
Full information can be found at http://www.better.org.uk/privacy
GLL is committed to respecting your privacy and adheres to all the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Please send your request to the Data Controller by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of Conduct
The College has a charter for students, which outlines the College’s commitments to learners.
The Student Charter
On accepting a place on the course and in becoming a student of GLL College, I agree to follow ALL College Guidelines and Policies.
Specifically I will:
- Recognise that all Staff and Students have the right to be treated with equal respect and are expected to treat others equally.
- Comply fully with all Health and Safety requirements provided to you at the beginning & during your course.
- Attend punctually all time-tabled sessions, work placements (if appropriate) and compulsory course related events.
- Behave in an appropriate and responsible manner.
- Complete and submit work in line with College and externally set deadlines.
- Not use mobile phones whilst in lessons/ practical sessions
In return the College will:
- Provide specialist staff to support and advise you.
- Run quality courses staffed by professional tutors and lecturers who will help you to fulfil your potential as a student.
- Provide the learning resources and facilities you need in accordance to the guidelines of your course/ qualification
- Ensure you receive fair and reliable assessments of your work.
- Provide the opportunity for you to give us feedback and deal promptly with any complaints you may have by emailing email@example.com.
In addition we ask you to:
- Not bring food or drink, except bottled water into classrooms and learning areas. (No water in computer rooms).
- Only use music players outside learning areas (classrooms etc) with headphones.
- Inform your tutor and the College administrator if you change your address or other contact details.
- Not smoke anywhere on GLL premises – please note the Health Act 2006 makes it unlawful for anyone to smoke in an enclosed premises. The college has no designated smoking areas and you are required to leave the premises entirely before smoking.